Personal Data Protection Act Facilitate Compliance with Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) is a set of data protection laws in SIngapore. The act aims to protect Singaporean's personal data and regulate telemarketing practices. It is crucial for organisations to have a Data Protection Officer who will ensure that the company is in compliance with the law.
This course will help you understand Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and how it will affect your organisation and its compliance.
Why it is important to learn about PDPA?
1. It is mandatory for all entities in Singapore to have a Data Protection Officer.
2. Breach of an obligation may result to financial penalty up to $1 million.
3. Aside from the financial damage, the image and reputation of the company will also get tarnished.
Who is this course for?
Compliance managers and Data Protection Officers. Human Resources, Admin, Operations, and IT executives who need to be involved in data protection.
What will I learn?
The course aims to equip learners with an overview of the PDPA act, assess regulatory procedures, and other elements of Data Compliance
24th & 25th November 2020
28th & 29th November 2020
12th & 19th December 2020
15th & 16th December 2020
Award of qualification
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded by Training Vision Institute
Programme structure - 1 Module
PDPA - Facilitate Compliance with Legislative and Regulatory Requirements
Understand the 9 obligations under Data Protection, plus Do Not Call Provision, why PDPA is Mandatory to all operating Organizations, breach of the 9 + 1 obligations and the role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs).
1. Understand legislative and regulatory requirements for the relevant industry and operating environment
2. Understand objectives of legislative and regulatory compliance
3. Identify legislative and regulatory requirements applicable to the organization in accordance to organizational strategies and objectives to facilitate compliance management
4. Communicate key legislative and regulatory requirements and related management systems to relevant stakeholders to facilitate legislative compliance
5. Assess internal and regulatory organizations’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance
6. Identify and document possible areas of non-compliance in business activities in accordance with information format requirements to facilitate follow-up action
7. Assist in the integration of procedures to ensure adherence to legislative and regulatory requirements in daily scope of work
8. Prepare management report for follow-up action
Fees and subsidies
Course Fees After Subisidy
Prices are inclusive of GST
* Subsidies are dependent on the criteria set by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) – All Singaporean aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
Complete the form below to talk to one of our consultants